Thursday, December 31, 2009

Can I live in a blue house?






We've seen a couple of blue houses that we really like. I think blue makes an otherwise plain house more interesting. From my perspective, if we go with beige or grey the house won't be much more than a boring bungalow.

So Andrew spent hours last night mocking up one of the house drawings with colour. As you can see, he left the front door white because we have no idea what to do with it. We also aren't sure what to do around the front door. Andrew thinks we should put stone around the door, but after looking at his 2 pictures, I'm not sure that's the way to go.

The other issue is the roof colour. Since the blue we chose is a grey-blue, a grey roof looks funny, but the black is so dark. Not sure what to do here either.

Once again the windows have the potential of biting us in the #%@. In a previous post I pointed out the cost savings of going with vinyl windows. We can get the red colour in vinyl, but are basically committed to red forever as painting vinyl windows is a bit foolhardy from what I've read. So do with just go with white? So many choices.....

What do you think? Any and all feedback would be greatly appreciated!! Either email me or post comments at the end of this post.

No comments: